Monday, April 2, 2012

{They Have Not}

We have water.

We have food.
We have love.
We have medicine.
We have homes.
We are warm, and we are dry, and we are whole, and we are filled.

We have.
They have not.

And yet how often we are silent.
From the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks. (Luke 6:45)
And from our hearts come all the issues of life. (Proverbs 4:23)
And from the thoughts of our hearts, and the thoughts of our minds, our actions take form.
And yet so often we do not act. And so often we are silent.

Therefore, our hearts are empty, because nothing is pouring forth.
And if our hearts did have a love for others - if there was something in our hearts -
no one would
ever
know.

Because we do not move.
We sit. We eat. We drink.
We revel in the fullness of our lives.
While people are hungry. People are thirsty.
And people are in darkness.

For I was an hungered, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
Then shall the righteous answer him saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungered, and fed thee? Or thirsty, and gave thee drink? When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? Or naked, and clothed thee? or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily, I say unto you,
Inasmuch as ye have cone it unto one of the lease of my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
(Matthew 25:35-40)



When the Saints


What don't have to go across the country. We don't have to be called to war-torn areas. We don't have to start a website or sell tee-shirts or raise thousands of dollars.

We have to be the hands of Christ wherever we are and everywhere we are. And the world will know us by our Love.



0 comments:

Post a Comment