Monday, March 12, 2012

{Conditioned}

{Conditioned}



In my mind, there are two ways of doing things: the right way...
and everything else.
There is one right way to put on conditioner, and the back of the bottle says how, and I read it obediently before applying to be sure I'm not doing it wrong.
Conditioner?
That's how I view life. I say that I have an imagination, and that you should live life to its fullest, and that there is freedom and joy in a Christian's life, and you should enjoy every part of life -
and then I box myself in.
And I cage myself up.
Listening to that little, worried voice in my mind, saying: “You're too afraid to try something new.”
“You're too afraid of doing something wrong.”
To an extent, we all fear making mistakes.
But to a few of us, we are petrified and terrified of making mistakes. Because we have forgotten:
mistakes are proof that you are trying.
We work and struggle and fight to always be right, forgetting that God has no ears for the ones who are always right. He honors the ones who know that they are wrong.
He did not call the righteous to repentance, but sinners.
The whole need not a physician, but the sick.
There may only be one right way to put on conditioner, but it's not the right way that matters.
It's that I've been conditioned into letting the instructions on the back of that bottle

rule my life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment